Sunday 17 August 2014

Trouble with a Capital "T"

Leif, Leif, Leif . . .

Let's just say that last week was exhausting! It seems that God really does make the bad ones cute because as you proved this week, your off-the-charts cuteness is matched only to your off-the-charts love for all things mischievous. Don't believe me? Well, I've got proof, and lots of it . . .

So, I went back to bathing you in the sink. I thought this would be an ideal set up because you have been trying to climb out of your baby tub and the sink is deeper. For some reason, I thought this would make it harder for you to stand up, and like so many other times in my life, I was wrong.



Not only were you able to stand up, but you were also able to throw plastic cups from the counter onto your poor, unsuspecting Scouty . . . I kid you not!


Just look at this face! I should have known you were on the brink of stirring up some shenanigans.

 At least when you are in the sink you are at somewhat confined (even though at times it is like wrestling a greased piglet). Now that you are mobile, and moving much faster I must add, there is no end to the trouble you can stir up. You continue to throw the books off the bookshelves and to play in the dog's dish, but new to this week was climbing into the dishwasher . . . I kid you not! and pulling out the dishes, clean or dirty. 


And getting into the clean laundry, which wasn't so clean after you scrubbed our fur-covered floor with it.



I blame the black diaper . . .

Then to top it all off, you have started to bite your siblings! Nooooooooooooo! Please don't be a biter, baby. Please. Avery was, and your mama found that very stressful. Thankfully, though, in spite of the little hell-raiser that was spawned this week, you are so incredibly scrumptious that I often forget all about your mischievous antics during moments like this:

When you fell asleep on my lap at Grammie's



When we shared a peach for supper on the soccer field:


And when you tasted one of the plums from our very own plum tree for the first time. I should also mention that this is the first time since we moved into our house six years ago that this tree has produced fruit. I figure it was just for you!


So, I think it is safe to say I plan on keeping ya . . . for now . . . tee hee!







No comments:

Post a Comment