Tuesday 18 February 2014

He's Got the Butt of the Tiger




Note: You must read the title of this blog post and the following lyrics to the tune of Katy Perry's "Eye of the Tiger". 

It was with mixed emotions on Saturday afternoon that I packed up little Leifer's size 3 months clothes. I really cannot complain because, being the little fart that he is (a whomping 12 pounds which puts him in the 15th percentile for his age . . . tee hee!), most babies outgrow this size long before their 3 month birthday. He is so good to his mama! Although I was sad to see yet another pile of clothes being stored away, I was also very excited because, thanks to many generous friends and family, Leif has the most adorable collection of 6 months clothes. Once again, Zoe and I are giddy over deciding what to put on him each morning, and he is back to having at least three "costume changes" a day. New clothes are so much fun, especially if they fit tiny baby bodies and have animal faces on the bum and feet! So, it should not come as any surprise that the first size 6 month outfit I chose for Leifer to wear was comfy grey, jogging pants with a tiger on the bum. Oh, I ate that boy and his tiger right up as soon as he was dressed!  Then,when I brought him out of the bedroom to show him off to his peeps, Avery and Elliot immediately broke out singing:

"He's got the butt of the tiger . . .
A fighter . . .
Dancing through the fire 
cuz he is a champion
and your going to hear him 

FAAAARRRRTTTT . . . 

tee hee!

I was very impressed with how quickly the boys collaborated to create this song. In fact, I was a little disappointed that I had not thought of it myself. FYI: making up foolish songs about family members and pets is a Skov thing, and I am so proud of the fact that all of my kids have inherited this talent. 

Anyhoo . . .

Enough silliness, let's get on with what you all came here to see - adorable pictures of Leifer 




Awwwww . . . mama's little tiger. 

RRRROOOAAARRR!











No comments:

Post a Comment