Friday 27 September 2013

The In Utero News


That's me in there! 


Thing 4 here.  Since I woke my poor mom up this morning at 5am with my early morning baby Zumba class, I figured the least I could do was write her blog post for her so she could get some rest. Yeah, I am nice like that. Oh, and what a class it was. I danced, kicked, punched and rolled for at least an hour and a half. It was a blast! Finally, mom got the hint and got up to take a shower, and, man, was I thankful for that. A baby can work up quite the sweat with all that action. While we were in the shower, dad made us some oatmeal. I have to tell you that I have the funniest dad ever. He acts all tough and stern, but he is such a softy. Like this morning, mom pleaded with him to tell me it was time to stop being so rambunctious, and both times, he came up really close to mom's belly and said in a very deep, serious voice:

Thing 4, this is dad. Mom is very tired. It is time for you to settle down now.

Then he would give me kiss . . . ha, ha! That man is putty in my hands. Of course, as soon as he kissed me, I would laugh and giggle and kick up an even bigger fuss. Gosh, I love that guy! Oh, and yes, for the record, when I was just a wee fetus, I was a little timid of him and I would immediately do as I was told, but I am so over that now. I figure the way my big sister and two brothers squeal and laugh around him that he is no one to be afraid of.  In fact, a couple of weeks ago, I even showed him who was boss. I was performing my usual before-bed shenanigans, and he knelt very close to mom's belly and told me it was time to go to sleep. Well, as soon as he leaned over to give me my kiss, I kicked him right in the mouth . . . it was perfect! Now, if you ask mom, she claims that I very gently, nudged his mouth as if I was giving him a knuckle bump, like all the other kids do before bed, but dad and I both know the truth; I kicked him in the kisser . . . ha, ha! 

So, I am thirty two weeks old and right now there is not much happening here  in utero other than some major weight gain, some zumba, and some hiccups. It is getting pretty tiresome, and I can't wait to get out to experience the world. I think I may have picked the best family ever. As you have probably heard, I am a very active baby and so I am going to fit in perfectly with this crazy family. They are always on the go, and they are always in the middle of some form of foolishness. I can't wait! Right now, my favourite time of day is when mom lays down in the boys' bed at night and reads us stories. I can always hear dad and Zoe off in the distance discussing some topic in great length and detail (between you and me, I think they are the brainiacs of this operation, but don't tell mom that). The series mom is reading to us right now is about four kids in Ancient Roman times, and they have just arrived in the city of Pompeii . . . oooh! I may only be 32 weeks old, but even I know this story is about to get good. As mom reads the story and Avery interrupts every two seconds to ask questions, Elliot rubs mom's belly and I bounce and bounce and bounce. We have so much fun!

As for cravings, I think you have already heard that my mom travelled far and wide to find my most favourite poutine of all time. She is such a good mom, and now that I tasted the best poutine ever, I can proudly say that I am done with this silly poutine craze. Yep, like I said, I am now 32 weeks old, and my tastes have matured. Sure, I think I will still send mom out once a week for a can of Coke because, let's be honest, who doesn't enjoy a little buzz once and awhile, but I am done with the poutine. Instead, my new craving is almond milk smoothies and dad's oatmeal covered in blueberries, strawberries and raspberries . . . . mmmmmm. Oh, and I can not forget to mention peanut butter on rice cakes. They are to die for! You see my big sister Zoe is now on this uber strict diet to help calm her colitis symptoms down and she can not have dairy, wheat/gluten, refined sugars, or eggs. You would think that this would leave her with very little to eat, but our mom always finds a way to feed her babies, and let me tell you, I have been reaping the rewards from this new diet. Last night, I even had maple glazed salmon . . . mmmmmm. Mom hates salmon, but she realized quickly that I love it,and she could not stop eating it . . . ha, ha! We all know whose calling the shots around here. 

Well,there you have it, the in utero news. I plan on making my entrance into the world in about seven weeks from now and I look forward to meeting all of you. Oh, and just so you know, my mom is one highly overprotective mama bear with her babies. She has promised to be generous and let others hold me since so many of you shared your babies with her, while she was waiting for me, but don't be surprised if she lets out a little roar or two when you first snatch me away. Oh, and fully expect her to hover very closely. She waited a long time to get her hands on me, and she is not going to stray too far away for quite some time.

-Thing 4

Smoothie time!









No comments:

Post a Comment