Thursday 29 August 2013

Gratitude

On Monday morning, I snuck out of the kitchen, while the boys were working on their math lesson, to clean up my room. Have I told you how amazing these two boys have been this week as we jump back into our homeschooling routine? It is nothing short of a miracle, but anyhoo . . . I was dusting off the top of my dresser, when all of a sudden I had this overwhelming feeling of gratitude overcome me, and I began to cry. Looking at all the pictures and the various crafts the kids have made me over the years that adorn the top of my dresser, I thought to myself:

I can't believe they are all mine. I have been given so much!


Zoe, my beautiful young woman, who inspires me and who makes me strive to do better each and every day. 


Elliot, my tender-hearted boy, who has taught me more than anyone else and who has made me the mom I am today.


Avery, my baby boy, who fills my life with smiles, joy and laughter.



And Thing 4, my bonus baby, who is a constant reminder to me that God lives, that He knows me, that He answers prayers, and that He loves me.


I am so truly blessed!

I wonder if these two kids could have ever imagined nineteen years ago, when this photo was taken, just how amazing their life together was going to turn out?



I can honestly say they had no clue, but they had hope, and they worked awfully hard to get to where they are today.

Thank you, Heavenly Father. Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment