Wednesday 15 May 2013

Just One of Those Days

It's only 7am and I already can tell that today is going to be a doozy.

First of all, I woke up this morning with what I believe to be a sinus infection. I have had a head cold for about two weeks now, but I woke up today with the right side of my nose swollen and tender to touch. It's a really good look! Not to mention, the whole right side of my face feels like it is about to explode with goo. Again, lovely! Thankfully, I see my doctor tomorrow morning and hopefully she can have me feeling all better once again.

Second of all, I got up out of bed at 6:30 to use the washroom, and when I returned three monkeys had invaded my space. One of these monkeys, in particular, I find terribly offensive at the moment thanks to my keen pregnancy senses and so I could not curl back up in bed for my usual, leisurely  morning lounge. 


FYI: the offending monkey has four legs, is very cute, and is in desperate need of his summer haircut. It makes me so sad, but during every pregnancy I have had my poor little pets become public enemy number 1. Scout and I had a heart-to-heart about this the other day, and I explained to him that it is all me and not him. I hope he will forgive me. Thankfully, he still has four adoring fans to love him and squeeze him.

Third of all, I had my first anxiety-ridden, over-the-top crazy pregnancy dream last night, and it has really shaken me up. It started out with me shopping at the MicMac mall in Halifax. I was looking at coats and the saleswoman told me that the one I was trying on was originally two hundred dollars but today it was marked down to twenty. I was ecstatic and so I began searching for the colour I liked the best even though I knew my appointment to have my c-section was in ten minutes (and it was in Saint John)! Then I began to panic because I lost Zoe and I could not find my cell phone to contact her. I found a security guard and asked if he could put her name on the loud speaker, but he told me that this would be too embarrassing for my fifteen year old daughter and that he wanted no part of it.I began to run through the mall screaming Zoe's name. Finally, I found her. She was with Mr. Level-Headed and when I approached them, he handed me my baby. Being a crazy dream, this baby looked nothing like my chubby, dark-haired babies that I am accustomed to having and so I did not like him. I was convinced that he wasn't mine! Nonetheless, we headed back to Saint John, but I did not have a car seat for the baby and I had to hold him in my arms the whole way. Eventually, I grew tired of all his squirming and asked Mr. Level-Headed to take him. He sat the baby on top of one of those portable camping toilets and accidentally flushed him down the toilet. I started screaming for Mr. Level-Headed to save him, and then I woke up . . . .

Isn't that lovely?  Oh . . . my. . . . land!  If you are a psychiatrist I am sure that  you could have a field day with all the weird psychosis hidden (and not-so hidden) in this dream.

Yep, I have a feeling today is just going to be one of those days . . . 

tee hee!

Happy Wednesday!



No comments:

Post a Comment