Thursday 16 May 2013

Hit the Road Jack . . . .

This week ushered in my second trimester. Woohoo! Farewell first trimester and good riddance. I think this moment needs to be celebrated with a song:

Hit the road, Jack
And don't you come back no more, no more, no more, no more,
Hit the road, Jack . . .

Oh, and first trimester, don't let the door hit you on your way out. Just saying.

I really didn't think I would ever see my second trimester, and I am so grateful to have hit this milestone. Now that I am here my life has become drastically easier. I no longer wake up feeling like death. The headaches have disappeared. The constant nausea has been reduced to sporadic moments throughout the day, which usually subside with a drink of water, and my daily vomiting session only happens once in about every three days. It feels so good to be me again!

The past nine weeks have been rough. I made it my goal to teach the boys each day in spite of how awful I felt, and thankfully, I was able to manage that, but in all honesty, that was about it.The house fell into disarray. The dust bunnies of puppy fur that typically reside under my couches and tables  grew into full-size Yetis, and I consistently remained about two loads behind with the dishwasher. Dinners were always late and more often than not consisted simply of scrambled eggs and some cut up apples. To say things were quickly growing out of control is an understatement. Everyday I would overhear Elliot tell Avery that pregnancy is very hard on a woman and that all they could do was be patient with me. What a sweetheart! Oh, and that pregnancy often changes a woman's personality . . . eeeek!  I hate to admit it, but yes, I was indeed that snarly monster, who took up residence on the couch and who never got out of her pyjamas. My poor family!

But, that is all behind us now it seems. This week I have been waking up feeling good. I scarf down a big breakfast and keep it down. I shower and get dressed each morning. I make my bed and I am able to stay out of it until my late afternoon nap. I have even begun tackling this disaster we once lovingly called home one room at a time. Second trimester, you are my new best friend. Please continue to be good to me.

Look at that adorable second trimester bump. Please take note that I am wearing real clothes in this picture AND it is was only 9 am.


Both the boys' room and my room now have floors which you can see, the beds are made, the linen is washed, and there are clean clothes in our dressers. Please feel free to applaud at any time. Oh, and yes, the mattress on the floor is by choice. It's a NLD thing and we just go with it. 


My first trimester kitchen: 


My second trimester kitchen:


ooooh . . . ahhhh!

Yes, things are finally starting to get back to normal around  here at Shenanigans Inc. I want to thank everyone for all of your prayers and your well wishes. They have definitely helped us to get to this point, and they have meant the world to us.

 YOU'RE THE BEST!!!!

Now, I am off to the doctor's office for my monthly weigh in and to hopefully hear Thing 4"s  heartbeat for the first time on Doppler . . . yippee!

Wish me luck!




No comments:

Post a Comment