Tuesday 2 April 2013

The Bestest Easter Weekend

Wow! We couldn't have asked for a better Easter weekend. The sun was shining, my sister, Hilary, was home for the weekend, which meant my entire family was able to get together for the holiday, and there was chocolate, oodles and oodles of chocolate. What more could I ask for? All kidding aside, though. I was truly humbled this weekend by the many blessings in my life. I have the most amazing kids, the most loving husband, and the most craziest, all-round awesome family a girl could ever ask for. There were eighteen people crammed into my tiny home on Sunday for Easter dinner! Eighteen! Truly, I am blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life.

Here's a little peak into our weekend. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of our huge homeschool Easter party that kicked the weekend off or of our family-filled Easter dinner. I guess I was having too much fun.


^^bubbles were blown^^


^^shorts and wool socks were worn . . . what a great look!^^




^^sunglasses and hugs were plenty^^


^^bikes were ridden^^






^^eggs were hunted for^^

 . . . the final tally came in at 70 something for Zoe, 30 something for Elliot and 20 something for Avery. We used to have an Easter egg equalisation program in effect, but we are adopting a new parenting philosophy now: the school of hard knocks.


^^clues were written^^


^^gifts were hidden^^


^^clues were found and solved^^



^^puppies were confused^^


^^backyards were trampled^^


^^surly teenagers grew tired and even more bossy^^


^^ at long last, presents were found^^ 




^^and finally games were played^^


It truly was the bestest Easter weekend ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment