Friday 22 March 2013

TGIF

It's Friday! Can you believe it? I don't know where the week went. I am not sad to see it go, though. This week I was not on my game. It just seemed like I never was able to get up on that ball. Instead, I was just dragged behind it. I hate when that happens.

I don't know why it was such an off week. I started Monday morning with my usual weekly planning, but it never seem to take off from there as it usually does. In fact, I didn't even stick to the meal plan I made, and we didn't make it to all of our scheduled events . . . eeeek!  But, there were no fatalities. The house, albeit in total disarray, is still standing and we are all smiling. So I guess, in the grand scheme of things, you could say this week was a success. Let's, okay?

And since this week was a success, but not really and we're just going with that to make me feel better, I have run out of ideas to write about. I have used up all of my funny stories, my cute kid moments, and my rants about education. I don't even have any grand ideas in the works. 

Did you hear that? No? I could have sworn I just heard Mr. Level-Headed let out a giant sigh of relief . . . tee hee!

And so I am left sharing a few random photos of a few random moments that brought a smile to my face this week.



^^Before the return of winter on Wednesday, the boys got in a game of baseball.^^


^^Avery woke up at 5 am the other morning and was feeling inspired.^^


^^In spite of all the snow we got, it still feels like spring out there. The river is almost thawed, the air smells fresh and damp, and the sun, oh that glorious yellow orb in the sky, has returned and is finally warming up my innards. Hallelujah! ^^


^^Elliot made a very yummy dessert the other day: banana slices, chocolate syrup, and sprinkles. Lots of sprinkles!^^


^^Avery was a huge fan!^^


Baby Girl sent me this text yesterday: "I have good news", and then she does not tell me the good news.  Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh! It was torture. I spent the entire afternoon running through all the possible "good news" scenarios my fifteen year old daughter could tell me:

I ditched school today, and bought the cutest pair of sneakers for only ten dollars . . .

I am NOT pregnant . . .

I tried Crystal Meth and it really isn't my thing . . .

She should know better than to allow my mind to run rampant with possibility.  Anyhoo, when I finally picked her up at school, I asked her very nonchalantly:

Oh, so what was your good news?

I knew I had to play it cool, like I hadn't even given it any thought or else she would relish in this power trip and refuse to dish the dirt.

You know that math competition I signed up to do?

Yes.

Well, I got the highest mark of all the grade nine students in our school and now I'm going to the district math competition at the university.

Phew!

It rocks having a nerd for a daughter!

Just kidding, Baby Girl!  Mama loves you.

Yep, it wasn't my most productive week ever and it definitely wasn't my most exciting week, but it happened, I mustered through it, and for the most part, I enjoyed it.

Happy weekend!






   





1 comment:

  1. WE all have those weeks where we feel like we've been just one step behind....

    Congrats to Zoe on her math competition!! :)

    ReplyDelete