Tuesday 26 February 2013

Just Another Epic Afternoon

I have said it a million times before, and I will say it another million times before I am through:

I love my boys!

I love their enthusiasm, their energy, and their imagination.

On Saturday, yes glorious Saturday, I was folding laundry in my bedroom with the windows open and the sun shining on my back. I could hear the boys laughing and squealing as they were playing in the snow.  Zoe was curled up on the couch working on her social studies project,and Mr. Level-Headed was in class for the day.  Life just felt right at that moment; like everything was in order. Lately, there has been a pervading peace permeating throughout our home. Sometimes I wonder if this is the calm before the storm or the calm after the storm (as in the storm that shall ever be known as 2012), but I quickly brush the thought aside and enjoy what I have in front of me right now: a happy, healthy family.

Anyhoo . . .

As I was folding the towels, hot out of the dryer, I heard Avery holler out to Elliot:

You have to see this!  It is so epic!

Currently, epic is their word of choice and is used to describe all their forays into dare devil notoriety.

Being the nosey and experienced mom I am, I rushed over to the window to catch a glimpse of what they were up to in order to determine if parental intervention was necessary or not.  With one quick glance, I knew everything was all right and I let out a sigh of relief. Then I started to laugh because there was Avery, inside an upside down dog crate, barrelling down our snow-packed hill.  When he got out and saw me looking at him through the window, he hollered:

It solves all of our problems, mom!  We can slide and Scout can chase us, but he can't stop us.  It's totally epic!

I gave him a thumbs up, and he smiled. 



Man, I love my life, and especially, all of those whom I share it with.






No comments:

Post a Comment