Thursday 10 January 2013

Two Thumbs Up


All in all, yesterday was a pretty good first day back.  The boys got up out of bed without a fight, and they even got dressed for school.  This may not sound like any grand feat, but trust me, it is.  Typically, our winter homeschool uniform is comprised of pyjama pants and hoodies, but yesterday, they spruced themselves up special for the occasion.  Elliot even used his new Axe deodorant stick.  Eeeek!  I think I have a pre-teen on my hands.

Amidst some banging of heads on the table (gently and always self-inflicted), fits of uncontrolled giggles, and the occasional accusation thrown out there for the entire neighbourhood to hear: You are torturing me!, the boys eventually got their work done, this mama did not lose her cool, and we even got some ice skating in at the end of the day.  Job well done, Websters!


Elliot was having a very difficult time focusing on his work, but as soon as he put on his music, he settled right down and worked very hard.  It is amazing what a little ACDC can do for your math brain!


I love seeing lots of check marks at the end of the day!



Avery was very eager to adorn ALL of his worksheets with his new Avenger stickers.



My highlight of the day came very early on while the boys were working on spelling.  Avery had to match definitions to his list words, and when he came across "all that is needed", he immediately yelled out: FAMILY!

awwwwwwwwww . . . .

Of course it was wrong, but what a sweetie!

The boys would both agree, and Zoe as well, that their highlight of the day was ice skating at the Quispamsis Recreation Park.  I was so excited to see they still had all the Christmas lights up.  

Sorry for the blurry pictures, but these boys just move too darn fast.





Ugh!  The paparazzi always gets in the way . . . tee hee!






Here's hoping that Day 2 goes equally as well, but judging from the level of difficulty I had getting myself up this morning, I have a sneaky suspicion that it may not go as smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment