Wednesday 19 December 2012

Getting our Craft On

In light of last week's devastating events, I decided that Shenanigans Inc. needed a kinder and more gentler week before Christmas.  We put away our school books, we dismissed our morning routine, and we got our craft on!

As Zoe and I made the drive to the IWK on Monday, I asked her to google craft ideas for the boys and I this week.  After much oohing and ahhing, we narrowed our crafts down to four projects, one for each school day left in the year.

On Tuesday, the boys and I made these adorable construction paper Christmas trees.  Unfortunately, the boys ran out of steam once they learnt there were four sides that needed to be decorated for each tree . . . tee hee!  Nonetheless, they got 'er done, and I think they are centrepiece-worthy:


Elliot, who has never been one for gluing on decals or pompoms, opted to draw cartoon figures on his tree.  What looks like dangling Christmas bulbs is actually vampire teeth dripping with blood.  This is what I get for crafting with boys . . . tee hee!

Today, we are making Candy Cane Mice.  This was our favourite idea of them all; therefore, I was so happy to learn that school was cancelled today because that means Zoe gets to join us.  These little guys are absolutely adorable:




I can't wait to see what the boys come up with . . . tee hee!

Tomorrow we are making signs to the North Pole and on Friday, we are making cotton ball Santa faces.  I LOVE Christmastime, and the closer we get to the big day, the better it gets!

Happy Snow Day everyone!

Oh, and if you are looking for fun Christmas craft ideas for you and your kidlets, Zoe found all of these ideas on the Martha Stewart website.  



2 comments: