Friday 7 December 2012

Callings in Life

I have so many thoughts swimming around my head since I saw Lincoln last night with my hubby.  Wow!   What an amazing movie about an even more amazing man.  I love movies that leave me lots to think about.  One idea that seems to be at the forefront of my mind right now, which was alluded to in the movie, is how we are are each sent here to earth for a specific reason, and our lives are filled with circumstances, experiences and challenges tailored in helping us become the individuals we need to be.  I believe this wholeheartedly, but I also believe that we choose whether or not we will step up to that role.  Abraham Lincoln clearly came here for a purpose,  and although, as the movie demonstrated so well, his calling in life was never easy, he embraced it and did his best to uphold it.  

A year ago, Zoe announced that she wants to become a doctor, and I can't help but think that all of the health challenges she is going through this Fall have a purpose. I believe Zoe's experience as a patient can serve to make her a better doctor someday, and I have no doubt she will be a brilliant one.

And then we have come to the reason why I am writing this post.  If we are each given lives filled with unique circumstances to help fit us for our purpose in life, what can Heavenly Father possibly have in store for my boys:



















Yep, that looks to be about right . . . tee hee!

Well, whatever He has in store for them, I just pray they use their powers for good and never join the dark side.

Happy Weekend, everyone! 
 What do you have planned?  We've got a Christmas tree hunt, some Alpaca shopping, a Christmas party, and two birthday parties.  It's gonna be a good one!


No comments:

Post a Comment