Friday 21 December 2012

A Shenanigan-Filled Christmas!


Well, it is finally here!  The last weekend before Christmas. This will be my last post until the new year because like you, I plan to dedicate the next two weeks to family, friends, food, board games, books, movies, puzzles and sleeping in.  There is nothing quite like Christmas!

Before we part for the holidays, though, I would like to share one final Christmas tradition we here at Shenanigans Inc. enjoy and that is sleeping under the Christmas tree.  I stole this idea from a dear friend of mine three years ago, and we love it!  Okay, let's be honest; the kids and I love it!  Mr. Level-Headed is a strict I-Sleep-In-My-Own-Bed kind of guy, but luckily, our bedroom is directly off of our living room, and if we leave the door open then we can see him sleeping soundly from our cozy sleeping bags on the floor.  It works!

We reserve this foolishness for the Eve of Christmas Eve.  The kids get into their jammies and we set up our beds.  Then, the kids exchange their Christmas gifts to each other, and we curl up to watch a Christmas movie.  This year, I have decided to take it one step further.  Of course you did, Krista!  Every Christmas, I bake a cake and the kids sing Happy Birthday to Jesus.  Unfortunately, because Christmas is so chaotic with my family and the Level-Headed family here, that it feels kind of rushed and no one ever eats the cake because there are so many other goodies to be had.  So, this year, I have decided to turn our Sleep-Under-the-Tree event into a birthday, slumber party for Jesus.  We will have His cake that night, and before the kids exchange their gifts, we will each give a gift to Jesus, an act of kindness that we will commit to carry out in the New Year.  Cute, right?   . . . Or too much?  I can't decide, but what the heck, I am going for it anyway . . . tee hee!  Wish me luck.

Merry Christmas everyone, and I hope your holiday is filled with love, laughter and peace.  Oh, and don't forget the shenanigans!  See you in 2013!

Can you believe that we are about to embark upon 2013?  It sounds so science-fictiony!


1 comment: