Monday 3 December 2012

A Mother's Letter to Santa


Dear Santa:

I know it's been awhile since I last wrote to you, but I need a really big favour, and I don't know who else I can turn to.  You see, my babies are getting big, really big, and it is breaking my heart.  Tonight, as I laid here trying to get to sleep with no success, I began scrolling through photos I posted in 2009 of my little munchkins on Facebook.  All I can say is:  wow!  How did they get so big?  Why is time slipping by faster and faster even though all I want for it to do is slow down?  Well, this is where you come in, Big Guy.  All I want for Christmas this year is for you to make time stand still.  I want my babies to remain exactly like this, forever and ever: 


And I want them to always fit snugly in my arms just like this:


Deal?

Okay, this Christmas wish is probably very selfish of me because I really can not deny my babies the opportunity to grow up and to seek out their own joy in this life.  Oh, and we can not forget that this request would deny me of my grandbabies, and come on, we all know that grandbabies are the reward for not killing your own kids when they were driving you crazy.

So, in lieu of my previous request, I would like you to build me a time machine that would help me to get back to this moment because, honestly, I don't remember this one.  I don't recognise the jammies they are wearing, I don't remember what we were doing just minutes prior or after this photo, and I don't remember what it was like to have three chubby cheeked kids and one utterly adorable puppy underfoot.


Please . . . I promise I will only go back once.

 And then, in all honesty, I would have to go back to this time because I really need to give these cheeks a squeeze:


That face is just begging to be kissed.

Oh, and I desperately want to be back in this moment again.  Look at those tanned little faces and, sadly, those striped jammies do not fit him anymore:


And oh, to be with this cutie patootie again.  Back in the days when she still thought her mama was pretty awesome, and she did not mind posing for the camera:



And I always enjoy the hi jinx this one gets himself into, particularly when he was younger:


And I can barely remember this sweety-pie:


He did not take up nearly as much room on my bed as he does now.  I bet you I didn't even mind him breathing on me back then.

And I desperately need to go back in time and talk to this poor boy's mama.  What was she thinking letting him go out looking like this . . . tee hee! 


But, I think we are okay not going back to this moment . . . yikes!  This is just frightening.


Who knew my baby was allergic to fly bites?

And last, but definitely not least, I would love to go back and be with this strapping, stud muffin again. What a hottie!



Santa, I know I am asking a lot from you, but I am desperate.  Please, please let me go back even just for an hour so I can kiss those sweet cheeks again, snuggle that adorable puppy, and tell myself to forget whatever my current distraction is and soak up every minute I get to spend with them.  Please, Santa, I am begging you.  Please grant me this Christmas wish.

Love,

Krista

p.s. I will give you an extra batch of cookies if you do!







  

No comments:

Post a Comment