Monday 7 May 2012

Play-Doh Wars

Every evening last week, just before supper, I would do my daily chore patrol and pick up the day's books, clothes, toys, dishes, food, and wrappers that litter the house.  I enjoy this time of day.  In fact, I love it!  My children are sprawled out on the couch enjoying their one hour of screen time for the day, and I am alone with my thoughts.  Each of these discarded items have a tale to tell, and for the most part, they are stories of laughter, learning, and love.

But what made last week's patrol stand out was a small, lump of red Play-Doh.  Every evening, I would find it nestled in between my flower pots on the end table.  And every evening, I would pick it up, squeeze it into my palm, and place it back in it's container on the kitchen counter.  After three days of this routine, Avery came over to me and asked in exasperation:

Why do you keep putting my Play-Doh away?

It will dry out if it is left out like that.

THAT'S WHAT I WANT IT TO DO!

Ohhhhh!

Why didn't I think of that?

So, Avery opened up the Play-Doh container and went straight to work trying to fix what I had yet again destroyed.

After he was done and had gone back to his television show, I went over to check out this Play-Doh creation.

What is he making?


Then it dawned on me.  This is probably my Mother's Day gift.

 Awwww . . . my sweet little boy was making me a gift.  


My heart melted.

He can be so thoughtful.


I bent down to take a closer look at the small, red lump, and noticed an imprint of one of his Star Wars Lego men on the inside.

Well, that is strange.


Then it dawned on me; this is NOT a gift for me!  It is an encased Han Solo from one of the earlier Star Wars movies. Remember that?  Han is solidified in a metal grave by the evil, and very disgusting if I may add, Jaba the Hut.

Remember now?





Mother's Day?!  What was I thinking?  All that is on these boys' mind lately is Star Wars . . . nothing but Star Wars!


Sometimes, we, moms, can be very dense.


tee hee!





Happy Monday!




And in case you haven't heard, yet, I will be teaching a Children's Writing Course this summer.  Check out this link for details.  I already have students signing up.  We are going to have a blast!  Hope to see your kidlets there!






No comments:

Post a Comment