Wednesday 14 March 2012

A Sappy Start Sprinkled with Some Shenanigans

All I can say is "WOW"!  

It is actually working.

For the first time in the ten, going on eleven, years I have raised Elliot, I saw my boy sit down in a chair yesterday and be at peace.  

He wasn't fidgeting.

He wasn't whining.

He wasn't talking at the speed of light.

He just sat.

There was no television on.

There was no DS in his hand.

It was just Elliot,

and he was at peace,

and, now, so is his mama.

Okay . . .  okay.  I'm sorry.  I know what you're thinking . . . enough with the sentimental garbage.  You don't come here to get all teary eyed.  You come here to see some serious shenanigans!

Forget the miracles and the weepy mama moments, what you really want to know is:

How is the pirate ship coming along?

It is amazing!

Yesterday, the boys added a new deck, the steering wheel, a mast for the flag I have not yet started (shame on me), and a plank, which I don't have a picture of because it was a late addition (shame on me again).  I am so proud of my boys!

They had to get into character for these pictures.

Here is Captain Avery, minding his own business, steering his ship into port, when all of a sudden,  Pirate Elliot leaps on board, and using his swashbuckling tactics, tries to commandeer the ship.  Look out Avery!!

Oh!  It's too late.  The pirates win again.

The pirate sword Elliot made from a broken hockey stick because
the gazillion swords he has downstairs just won.

I can't wait to see what they do with it today!

Happy Snow . . . er . . . Icy Roads Day!

tee hee!




1 comment:

  1. Hooray for both peace and swashbuckling! It sounds like Eliot had two wins yesterday! :)

    ReplyDelete