Tuesday 11 October 2011

A Weekend of Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is my favourite holiday of the year.  Sure Christmas and birthdays are pretty awesome, but for me, they will always come in second place.

First of all, Thanksgiving means the return of turkey dinner after months of nothing but BBQ's and salads.  Mmmmm . . . . I love turkey, stuffing, cranberries, mashed potatoes smothered in gravy, mom's squash casserole, and lots of pie and other yummy desserts.

Second of all, Thanksgiving brings the first long weekend of the new school year, and to celebrate, I decided to lay in bed extra late reading a book, while my boys spread mayhem throughout the house.  Bliss!  Then, Mr. Level-Headed suggested we go to St. Martin's for the day.  Double Bliss!  And with the phenomenal weather we had this weekend, we couldn't have picked a better day. 


The sun was shining, the leaves were falling, and the kids were filled with shenanigans.



They have titled this one "Epic Awesomeness"!

Elliot trying to catch the scent of our car.  Okay, so I kind of lead us in the wrong direction . . . oops!

Elliot exploring his inner monkey.


Who am I kidding . . . I was filled with it too.

But in all seriousness, though, my number one reason for placing Thanksgiving above all the other holidays is that on a Thanksgiving weekend twenty years ago, I met this guy:



And even though our story is not that unique:

we met, fell in love, got married, bought some dogs, had some kids




(maybe not in that exact order . . . oops!),

it's been pretty amazing, and I look forward to seeing what the next twenty years bring.

I love you, Mr. Level-Headed!



Even if you do not appreciate my public displays of affection . . .

tee hee!



No comments:

Post a Comment