Wednesday 17 August 2011

These Are a Few of My Favourite Things

What are you going to miss most about summer?

At the moment, I am torn between Smores and the beach.

But, if you are like me and love nothing more than an ooey, gooey Smore, well I have the solution:  



Smore Cookies!! 

And they are to die for!  Just ask these three cookie monsters:


We're always picking up strays here at Shenanigans Inc . . . tee hee!
My friend, Mary, gave me the recipe, and it comes from the most delicious blog ever.  Check it out here for more fantabulous recipes.

Smore Cookie Recipe
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
Cream together butter and sugar until incorporated really well! You want it to look light brown and be smooth. I made mine in my mother in laws mixer and mixed for about 5 min on med.

Add:
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
Beat thoroughly

Add:
2 cups flour (This is what the recipe calls for but I would add a little more. They seemed a little to wet to me).
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips (semi sweet not milk chocolate), or one giant Hershey's bar, chopped or you can try something different like Reeses Pieces. Thats what my family likes to make smoores with. Oh and I added the whole bag of CC not just one cup. :):)
1 cup mini marshmallows
Stir to incorporate

The fun part about these cookies is that you actually bake the cookie on top of a whole graham cracker.

Bake at F350°, for no more than 11 minutes (after 11 minutes, the graham cracker begins to burn)

** My oven runs really hot, and Zoe discovered that we could only leave them in for 9 minutes.




I promise you will love them!

Now, if you are also like me and will be devastated once you can no longer lie on the beautiful beaches of New Brunswick and enjoy our chilly waters, you can always lie in a cold bath tub, throw sand on your bathroom floor, and reminisce over old beach photos.

Anyone up for some beach towel wrestling?



How about skipping rocks?


Perhaps a little beach volleyball?



A water fight is a must!


You could always try some sychronized pailing . . .



Or reanact one of your favourite movies:



Can you guess it?

tee hee!

So have no fear!  Even though summer is coming to an end, vacations are over, and plans are in the work for another school year, you always Shenanigans Inc. to help you make it feel like summer all the time. 






No comments:

Post a Comment