Monday 1 August 2011

One Good Woman Needed


My name is Krista, and I neglect my children.

Here is the evidence. If you can bear to look past the cacophony of stripes, you will notice that the poor thing is also wearing one gray sock and one white sock.



Can you believe that his mama allowed him to leave the house looking like this?

Well, she did!

And the worst part is she didn't even know because she couldn't be bothered to get out of bed.

Oh, the shame of it all!

Here's how it went down:

I was prepared for a rainy Saturday.  The night before, the kids and I rented three movies so we could spend a lazy day watching movies, reading books, and being sloth-like (the best way to be on a rainy Saturday if you are one of the unfortunate few who did not have U2 tickets).  It promised to be awesome!  We slept in, and as the kids started their first movie, I laid in bed and read a book.

Ding-Dong

Seeing no reason why I needed to move, I let Mr. Level-Headed answer the door.  It was Elliot's friend wondering if Elliot would like to spend the day with him.

YES!

With my nose stuck in a book, I hollered out to Elliot, lovingly of course, "put some shorts and a t-shirt on because it's warm out there.  Have fun!".  And then I was once again lost in the realm of fairies.  I didn't even budge.  I didn't even get up to kiss my boy farewell, or to speak with Nick's mom about all the particulars. I just laid there nestled amongst my duvet and pillows, indulging in the guilty pleasure that is YA fiction. (Teeny-bopper lit for those of you who may not recognize the acronym) I completely shirked my duties.

So, I am putting it out there.  This family is in desperate need of a good woman.  Preferably, one who can not read, one whose summer meal repetoire expands beyond the BBQ and cut up veggies, and one who can teach these boys and their father that stripes need to be paired up with solid colours.  Hmm?  Well, if you hear of anyone, please send them over to Shenanigans Inc. before it is too late!

Tee hee!

Happy New Brunswick Day! 













1 comment:

  1. Haha, oh Krista, you're adorable. And so is Elliot in all those stripes!! Ha!

    ReplyDelete